The Cajun Jam sessions are better than ever. The next jam is scheduled for Sunday, July 21st from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Our guest host will be Cajun Music Hall Of Famer Lee Benoit.
Each monthly jam session will be held at the West Baton Rouge Museum in the Brick Gallery (the indoor space with the brick floors). The address is 845 N. Jefferson Avenue, Port Allen. The atmosphere at the museum is wonderful and we expect to be inside in the Gallery when it is hot, rainy or too cold and in the barn when the weather is pleasant and cooler. Musicians – grab those instruments and have a great time! And, as always, dancers and spectators are invited too.
Upcoming Dance Schedule:
All dances begin at 8:00 p.m.
Free dance lessons with paid admission begin at 7:15 p.m.
- July 27 (Saturday): Huval-Fusilier (Independence Dance)
- August 10 (Saturday): Nouveaux Cajun Express (Cajun Luau Dance)
- September 20 (Friday): Coobie Joe Cajun Band (Cajun Tailgate Dance)
- October 18 (Friday): Paul Daigle & Cajun Gold (Halloween Dance)
- November 15 (Friday): Chris Miller & Bayou Roots (Black & Gold Dance)
- December 14 (Saturday): Choupique Cajun Band avec Jesse Brown (Christmas Dance)
11175 Florida Blvd. (just west of Sherwood Forest)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
All dances are open to the public. $10 for CFMA members; $12 for non-members and $7 for students with an ID. Children age 12 and under are admitted free.
July CFMA Board Meeting:
The next CFMA Board meeting will be on Wednesday, July 10th at 6:30 p.m. It is open to all members and visitors. Meetings are held at Cutrone’s Barber Shop at 711 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge.