The Board decided to cancel both our March 15 Jam Session and our March 21 Dance, out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health of all who attend our events. Our plans for April are under review and a decision will be announced next month. We encourage everyone to follow all published recommendations for avoiding infection and controlling the spread of the virus.
Upcoming Dance Schedule
All dances begin at 8:00 p.m. All dances are open to the public
Free dance lessons with paid admission begin at 7:15 p.m.
$10 for CFMA members; $12 for non-members and $7 for students with an ID. Children age 12 and under are admitted free.
No ice chests or heating devices, please. UCT Hall rules.
- March 21 – CANCELLED
- April 25 – Paul Daigle and Cajun Gold (Easter Dance)
- May – No dance
- June 27 – Shannon LeJeune (Summer Dance)
- July 25 – Jambalaya Cajun Band (Independence Day Dance)
- August 8 – Jamie Berzas (Cajun Luau Dance)
- September 11 – Coobie Joe Band (Cajun Tailgate Dance)
- October 30 – Nouveaux Cajun Xpress (Halloween Dance)
- November 13 – Chris Miller and Bayou Roots (Thanksgiving Dance)
- December 12 – Les Cabris (Christmas Dance)
11175 Florida Blvd. (just west of Sherwood Forest)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana. .
Cajun Jam Sessions
Cajun Jam Sessions are held on the third Sunday of each month, 3:00 to 5:00 pm, at the West Baton Rouge Museum in Port Allen. Come and enjoy live Cajun music.
Click here for the schedule of Jam Sessions.
All Cajun musicians, dancers and fans are welcome. This is a free event.
CFMA Board Meeting
We will meet on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM at the Main EBRP Library. The only exception will be the Nov meeting which will be on the first Wednesday, Nov 4 because the library will be closed November 11 for Veterans Day. All meetings are scheduled for Conference Room A on the second floor.