Upcoming Dance Schedule:
All dances begin at 8:00 p.m. Free dance lessons with paid admission begin at 7:15 p.m.
- No dance in May
- June 22 (Saturday): Choupique Cajun Band avec Jesse Brown
- July 27 (Saturday): Huval-Fusilier (Independence Dance)
- August 10 (Saturday): Nouveaux Cajun Express (Cajun Luau Dance)
- September 20 (Friday): Coobie Joe Cajun Band (Cajun Tailgate Dance)
- October 18 (Friday): Paul Daigle & Cajun Gold (Halloween Dance)
- November 15 (Friday): Chris Miller & Bayou Roots (Black & Gold Dance)
- December 14 (Saturday): Choupique Cajun Band avec Jesse Brown (Christmas Dance)
11175 Florida Blvd. (just west of Sherwood Forest)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
All dances are open to the public. $10 for CFMA members; $12 for non-members and $7 for students with an ID
Cajun Jam Sessions Moving. New location! Sunday, May 19th
The next Cajun Jam sessions will be better than ever. Starting May 19th from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., the monthly jam session will be held at the West Baton Rouge Museum in the Gallery (the indoor space with the brick floors). The address is 845 N. Jefferson Avenue, Port Allen. Hall of Fame accordionist Sheryl Cormier and a special fiddle player will lead the group. The atmosphere at the museum is wonderful and we expect to be inside in the Gallery when it is hot, rainy or too cold and in the barn when the weather is pleasant and cooler. Musicians – grab those instruments and have a great time! And, as always, dancers are invited too.
June CFMA Board Meeting:
The next CFMA Board meeting will be Wednesday, June 11th at 6:30 p.m. It is open to all members and visitors. All meetings are held at Cutrone’s Barber Shop at 711 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge.