Baton Rouge Dance Schedule
May – no dance
June 11 (Sunday 3:00 pm) – Forrest Huval
July 22 (Saturday 7:30 pm) – Wallace Trahan and Rice & Gravy
August 26 (Saturday 7:30 pm) –
September 10 (Sunday 3:00 pm) – Jamie Berzas & Cajun Tradition
11175 Florida Blvd. (just west of Sherwood Forest)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
You are welcome to bring any snacks or food that you like, but no heating devices, please. We encourage you to visit the UCT Hall’s Canteen where you can choose from many kinds of wine, beer and soft drinks at very reasonable prices. Please leave your ice chests at home. If you like a mixed drink, you can obtain ice and mixers from the Canteen to go with your liquor from home.
We encourage everyone to join or renew membership for 2023.
Cajun Jam Sessions
Cajun Jams are normally held on the third Sunday of each month, 3:00 to 5:00 pm at the West Baton Rouge Museum. The Cajun Jams also appear on the museum’s Calendar Page.
All Cajun musicians, dancers and fans are welcome. This is a free event.
June 25 – Host musicians: Shannon Lejeune & John Richard
July 16 – Host musician: Wallace Trahan
July 23 – at St. John’s Church in Brusly, 1 to 5 pm – Host: Shannon Lejeune
August 20 – Host musician: Reggie Matte-
More Jam Sessions A list shared by Ray Landry on Facebook
- Marc Savoy music store, every Saturday morning, Eunice, La.
- Vermilionville jam, every Saturday afternoon, 1PM until 3 PM, Lafayette, La
- Tom’s Fiddle and Bow, every first Sunday, 1PM until, Arnaudville, La
- S.W. Acoustic Cajun Music jam. Every other Saturday, 10 AM until 12 noon. Jeff Davis
- Parish Tourist Center I-10, exit 64 Jennings, La.
- Tante Marie Breakfast Jam. Every Saturday morning 11 AM until 1 PM, Breaux Bridge, La.
- Blue Moon Jam. Every Wednesday 8 PM until, Lafayette, La.
- Horse Farm Jam, Every Saturday morning, 9 AM until 11AM, Lafayette, La.
- Pop-a-top jam session Broussard, La.
- Bayou Teche Brewing Co. Sundays 2 PM until 5 PM, Arnaudville, La.
- CFMA Baton Rouge Chapter. Every third Sunday, West Baton Rouge museum, Port Allen, La. 3PM until 5 PM.
- Begnaud House jam, Scott, La. Every first and third Friday night 6 PM until 9 PM.
- D. I.’s Cajun Restaurant, Every Wednesday night, Basile, La. 6 PM until 9 PM.
CFMA-BR Board Meetings
Board meetings are conducted on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the East Baton Rouge Main Public Library.